With the 2021 around the corner most of us might be planning the resolution for the new year. The usual new year resolutions revolve around saving money, losing weight, professional or academic goals. The best dentist in Tijuana, Advanced Smiles Dentistry, dares you to set resolutions to improve your oral health. We set a list from achievable objectives to more committed goals.
- Flossing: the ADA (American Dental Association) recommends to floss once a day, every day to remove the plaque between the teeth.
- New toothbrush: when the bristles of your toothbrush start to look a little bit fray, is time to replace your toothbrush. The average time is 3 to 4 months.
- Stay hydrated: drinking more water is not only a resolution that will help you improve your oral health but your health in general. Since we are drinking more water, we are producing more saliva which helps to break down the food particles and keep the teeth and gums clean.
- Healthy diet: even though it might not make much sense to you. Poor diet can directly affect your immune system, reflecting in your oral health. Make better choices, healthier food and drink choices.
- Quit smoking: we know this resolution is one of the most common to hear during the count down while eating the grapes. As difficult it might be sound, this can be the best rewarding decision.
You can start with the easy ones at take it step by step in the journey to achieve a better oral health. The best dentist in Tijuana, Advanced Smiles Dentistry, is pleased to walk with you in this trail of changes and improvements. Scheduled your first appointment of the year and have a general check up to know where you stand and what you need to do in order to start sharing your healthy smile with the world.